Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quickest Peach Cookie Crisp


 Anyone who knows me well has heard me tell about my Nana's Peach Cobbler. It's the best- a deep dish pie really, with only the top crust. She made it in a small dishpan, the fruit-to-piecrust ratio seriously favoring the fruit. It was my favorite dessert growing up.  I've posted my version of her "recipe" HERE.




I've had conversations with friends over the years about what constitutes a cobbler, a crisp, or a crumble. Generally, cobbler is sweet-biscuit topped. A crisp has a coarse topping that include oats, while a crumble is oat-free. My Nana's didn't really fit any of the definitions, with her single pie crust topping.  But she called it a cobbler, and so that's what I call it too.

A few nights ago, I was in the mood for peach cobbler, but didn't want to take the time to make it.
So I came up with a quick version of a crisp using what I had on hand. No, it wasn't just like Nana used to make. But it was pretty delicious. And quick enough to satisfy my late-night sweet tooth without staying up till two.


Quickest Peach Cookie Crisp (Serves 2) 

2 large, ripe, juicy, organic peaches
2 large, soft, oatmeal-raisin cookies
Optional: 
3 Tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon brown sugar

Peel and slice peaches into 2 microwavable bowls. Crumble one oatmeal cookie over each peach. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Gently stir brown sugar into sour cream. Spoon a dollop onto the warm cobbler and enjoy.


Make it a Wonderful Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment