Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chicken Scratch Pillows

I love having my grands come to visit. The only thing better would be having them live up the street so they could come over to play more often. I know, I know. It's not gonna happen. A grandma can dream, right?


We've embroidered before, but this time we tried a little chicken scratch on pink gingham. Their initials were a good intro to this simple cross stitch. We drew a pattern on graph paper first, and then used pencil to draw it on the fabric. 





Macey decided to add some extra stitches to hers just for fun....


... And all the girls were pretty proud of their work!




Make it a Wonderful Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've followed you here from your comment on Snippety Gibbet's blog about her desk... I can't believe I've found someone else who a) teaches after school art in b)in a district with no elementary school art (I'm from Queensland Australia - art is incorporated into the 'regular' curriculum until high school, c)has to 'haul it all with me' (I'd kill for a classroom - my car is my storeroom) We have so much in common, I had to look you up! Will be following with interest!! Please visit me at Dream Painters, perhaps we can compare notes! :)

    ReplyDelete