Monday, September 12, 2011

Yarn Bomb at BAM

The annual Bellevue Arts Fair included some Yarn art this year...

The fiber artist Suzanne Tidwell was the instigator... and everyone who wanted to participate was invited to add to one of the pieces...I added this green bit.




This panel was over two stories tall, attached to an exterior wall of the mall. The Bellevue Arts Museum is across the street.



The framed panels were set up, and volunteers handed out small balls of yarn to anyone who wanted to play.











I know some people didn't get it. But it was fun to be part of the community, playing with yarn without anybody worried about doing it "right".








Make it a Wonderful Day!


6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of what my friend was doing in Bendigo in Victoria this weekend, hers were spider webs of coloured string.
    http://kathyholowko.blogspot.com/2011/08/art-installation.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! What fun! I see a lot of children in your photo, I bet they were most enthralled. Kids are great, they have no notion of Art Police so they tend to just jump on in; it's HARD to remember to do that as a grownup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a neat idea. How do people come up with interesting and fun and new ideas? Beats me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be the same artist we saw outside the Rock n Roll Marathon finishline -the lamposts' custom made sweaters. How fun that you got to participate!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those art panels all set for community fun. Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea...think I might have to try it with the kiddies this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your photos from your Yarn Bomb. I thinks it's really fun and I know the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete