Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Citrus Salad

Here's one of our favorite winter salads- sunshine in a bowl!

This fruit salad is one I've made for years after enjoying a similar salad at our friends Rolla and Cornilia's home. It's lighter than a traditional ambrosia salad as it has no dressing at all, just the juice of the oranges and all the sweetness of the fruit.
Make sure to use dates that are soft-I prefer to use unpitted dates and then pit them myself- I think they are more moist.

(I served this along with a Chicken Pot Pie and Green Salad at our December Quilt Group meeting-the fruit was like a dessert before our dessert buffet! You can substitute satsumas for the regular oranges for a milder orange flavor.)

Citrus Salad
5 or 6 large oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
1 Cup shredded coconut
3/4 Cup dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup pomegranate arils

Toss in a bowl and enjoy!


Make it a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment